Experienced Computer Aided Design/Drafter
Located in Denver Metro South
- CAD experience AutoCAD/Microstation/Cadence Capture: 16 years
- Electrical/Mechanical Drafting: 12 years
- Schematic Capture/Layout: 5 years
- Roadway & Civil Drafting: 4 years
- Optical Drafting: 3 years
- Understanding of Military and Industry Drafting and Design Standards: 12 years
- Technical Writing: 7 years
- Published article in the Women In Aviation, International “Show Daily”
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint): 15 years
- Previous Security Clearance
AEROTEK PROFESSIONAL, Denver, Colorado, July 2009 – March 2010
- Assigned to Xorail Denver
- Employed Microstation & AutoCAD to design and modify redline and final Signal Design drawing sets for Union Pacific, Burlington Northern and Denver RTD systems. Designed crossing and Wayside locations of heavy & light rail track systems.
OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION Portland, Oregon, July 2006 – March 2009
Promoted to Roadway Drafter
- Utilized Microstation & InRoads XM to prepare Roadway and Architectural engineering drawings including Construction, Alignments, Profiles, Typical Sections, Details, Drainage, Traffic and Striping, and Landscape Plans for bid and As-Built projects.
- Active Member of CAD Standards Committee writing Technical Procedural Memos.
Land Survey Technician
- Performed detailed field surveys involving utility locates and ties of property corners, cultural features and terrain. Extensive use of manual and electronic survey equipment, Microstation InRoads and ArcView software.
BAE Systems, Spectral Solutions, LLC Honolulu, Hawai`i, April 2000 – April 2006
Promoted to Research Associate/GIS Assistant
- Utilized ArcView, ENVI and MatLab packages to produce orthorectified photo data maps from raw satellite data combined with land and marine survey data.
- Responsible for making decisions regarding the validity, accuracy and relevance of satellite imagery and ground reference data of Ocean Benthic habitats and ground water pollution data for various customers.
- Utilized AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop and Cadence software packages to draft and design mechanical, optical and electrical schematics and fixtures for original airborne hyperspectral and multispectral sensor systems for reconnaissance and mapping.
- Contributed significantly to the Electrical Engineering Drafting Standards manual.
- Private Pilot’s Certificate, Issued by the Federal Aviation Administration
- A.A.S. in Electronics/Computer Technology, from Heald College, Institute of Technology
- Certificate in Geometric Design & Tolerancing/Stack Up, from ASME
- Switching Systems & Satellite Control, U.S. Army, Fort Gordon, GA
- Volunteer Web Design/Social Media Manager, Li’l Teeth Dentistry, January 2010 – Present
- Volunteer Educator – Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, August 2010 – Present
- Team Leader and Participant – March of Dimes since 1986
- Mentor – Science Girls since 2003
Computer Aided Design/Drafter with professional experience working in fast paced environments demanding strong organizational, technical and interpersonal skills. Trustworthy, ethical, discreet and detail oriented. Confident and poised in interactions with individuals and customer at all levels. Detail oriented and resourceful in completing projects; able to multitask effectively. Capabilities include:
SOFTWARE: Microstation, InRoads, AutoCAD, Pro-E, ArcGIS, ENVI, Visio, Cadence Capture CIS, Cadence Layout, Matlab, Microsoft Office, HTML, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash
HARDWARE: Total Station, GPS, Avionics, Multimeter, Compass, Mill, Lathe
DESIGN AND DRAFTING
- Expert in utilizing AutoCAD & MicroStation platforms to complete preliminary and final design packages
- Extensive experience in Electrical design and drafting to produce cable & wiring diagrams, power distribution models and layouts
- Adept using Cadence Capture and Layout packages to draft and design complex Printed Circuit systems
- Practiced in 3D Mechanical and Optical design and drafting for Avionics and various military platforms
- Skilled in producing Roadway & Architectural plans inclusive of Profiles, Construction, Striping, Drainage, Typical Sections and Details
- Able to design and draft Domestic Heavy, Light and Commuter Rail signal plans representing Crossing and Wayside designs
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Experienced at using ArcView to create maps, models, database and features from new and existing data
- Expert in comparing and selecting photographic data for bathymetric products
- Proficient in modifiying and orthorectifying imagery and CAD data
- Skilled at creating maps and presentations for electronic, HTML and print distribution for preliminary and final delivery
- Expert in editing and proofreading technical manuals
- Experienced in creating Instructional and Informational process manuals and internal technical memoranda
- Created an Electrical Design and Drafting manual while at BAE, detailing company and industry standards in plain English
- Created Technical Memos while at ODOT addressing new policies and standards
- Active member of the ODOT CAD committee responsible for determining and publishing company wide, inter-departmental and multiple software CAD standards