Following in the contrails of the Twitter-verse, I am recounting the most significant event to happen in my life during each of the last 10 years.
- 2000 -Finally was hired by the company I had been pursuing for 3 years
- 2001 – Married my fiance on our 7th anniversary
- 2002 – Started training for my pilot’s license
- 2003 – Earned my Private Pilot’s License & my Motorcycle License
- 2004 – Visited Kennedy Space Center
- 2005 – Became mostly “Debt Free” Student loans were all that remained
- 2006 – Moved to Beaverton, Oregon
- 2007 – Gave birth to my daughter
- 2008 – Divorced my husband just short of our 14th Relationship anniversary
- 2009 – Moved to Denver, Colorado
Yup. That’s pretty much my take on the first decade of the millennium. It started out great and descended towards the end, but I have high hopes of moving upward again.
My next decade, I’m hoping to make it to “Debt Free” again. Purchase a home, a motorcycle and a plane. They are good goals. In 2020 I’ll be looking at my 50th birthday. Why not reach for the moon now? If I shoot for the moon and miss, I’ll still land among the stars.
Happy New Decade Everyone!